Hi
I am 67 and soon will be 68 in March. Ha ha
I would never trade my amazing friends, my wonderful life, and my dear family, for less gray hair or a flatter stomach.
As I have matured, I have become kinder, and less critical of myself.
I have become my own friend..
I don't feel guilty about eating a few too many cookies, or making the bed whenever I want, or buying something silly that I don't need.
I have the right to be messy or extravagant.
I have seen many friends and loved ones leave this world too soon before they realized the great freedom that old age brings.
Who blames me if I read or play on my computer until four in the morning and sleep until noon? Who will mind if I stay in bed or in front of the TV as long as I want?
I'll dance to those wonderful hits from the 70s, 80s, and 90s, and if I feel like crying over a lost love, then I'll cry...
Whenever I want, I'll walk the beach in those shorts, too tight for an already declining body, and dive into the waves with abandon, despite the pitying looks of others younger and more dynamic. They too will age.
I know that sometimes I have slips of memory, but I think that with respect to some things in life it is best to forget about them.
I remember the important things.
I am happy to have lived long enough to have gray what is left of my hair and to keep the youthful laughter etched forever in the deep furrows of my face.
Many never laughed, and many died before they grew gray.
As you get older, it's easier to be positive and independent. It matters less what others think.
I no longer question myself. I have earned the right to be wrong. I like being old. I like being the person I've become.
I won't live forever, I know that, but as long as I'm here, I won't waste time lamenting what could have been and wasn't, and even less worrying about what will be, because I may not even see it.
And when I feel like it, I'll have dessert at every meal.
THE BEST PART IS DURING MY LIFETIME I FOUND MY CREATOR AND KNOW WHERE I WILL GO EVEN BEFORE THE UNDERTAKER SLOWLY LET MY COFFIN GO DOWN 6 FEET WHILE RELATIVES SING NEARER MY GOD HYMN WITH SAD FACES.
EVERYTHING IS USELESS IN THE END. NO ONE WILL REMEMBER ME.
THE CONCLUSION OF THE MATTER IS MAN'S S DUTY IS TO FIND HIS CREATOR WHILE HE LIVES TO KNOW WHERE HE SPENDS HIS ETERNITY.
HEAVEN OR HELL.
THE CHOICE IS OURS.
TODAY IS THE DAY . NOW IS THE TIME.
JESUS LOVES YOU.
Have a wonderful day a week, a month and a year.
Tags
Jesus and Me
